Sumter County CARES Act Business Assistance Reimbursement Guidelines
The Sumter County Board of County Commissioners (“The Board”) is providing reimbursement for the local for-profit businesses and not-for-profit organizations located in Sumter County, Florida, which had expenditures acquiring materials or services on or after March 1st, 2020, through November 13th, 2020, and directly related to the COVID-19 safety and compliance measures. Sumter County has allocated $5,000,000 on a first-come, first-served basis using an online application and document submission process. The funds are derived from the federal CARES Act. The application time frame for this event will end on December 4th, 2020.
- For-profit Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and Not-for-Profit Organizations listed as an active Florida business established before March 1st, 2020, per the Florida Department of State, Division of Corporations website
- Business is located in Sumter County, Florida
Expense Reimbursement Eligibility:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Products and Services Covered:
- PPE covered is based on the recommendations in the OSHA Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 and the CDC.
- Purchases of products and services must have been made on or after March 1st, 2020 through November 13th, 2020.
- Taxes on purchases of products and services will not be reimbursed.
- Face Mask/Respirators
- Face Shields
- Sneeze Guards
- Eye Protection
- Hand Sanitizer with alcohol content 60% or higher
- Disinfecting products or disinfecting services using products identified on the US Environmental Protection Agency’s website of disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2
- Sanitizing and related professional services
- Training for employees directly related to COVID-19
- Installation of protective barriers such as service windows
Examples of eligible PPE for reimbursement:
Examples of eligible Products and Services for reimbursement:
Required Documentation for Review before Reimbursement:
- Documentation to confirm the points of business eligibility, including:
- Proof of business address in Sumter County verified by the State of Florida Division ofCorporations https://dos.myflorida.com/sunbiz/search/
- Completed IRS W-9 Form
- Receipt or invoice for PPE, products, or services containing the following information:
- Date of purchase
- Seller/Vendor information (Name, Address, Phone Number as available)
- Description of item purchased, clearly identifying the item as an approved PPE, product or service eligible for reimbursement
- Purchase amount less any taxes
- Proof item has been purchased
- Stamp at the bottom of receipt from vendor showing method of payment
- Invoice identifying how the product or service was purchased
- Image of front and back of the processed check
- Additional documentation such as a bank statement or credit card statement may be requested as needed as proof of payment
**Please block out or omit account numbers if sending credit card or bank statements.
- Execution of the attestation by the authorized representative of the business as to the accuracy and compliance of the submitted application.
- Sumter County Economic Development (SCED) created an application form, which will be posted and processed through the SCED website https://sumterbusiness.com/grant-application/
- SCED will receive the applications through the website portal, verify the applicant’s eligibility, review supporting documentation, and contact the applicant.
- SCED will contact the applicant within 14 days of receiving the application and discuss the review process if issues noted and provide notice of approval or denial of the application for reimbursement.