Grant Opportunity Available for Restaurants and Bars Impacted by COVID-19
The Small Business Administration is awarding $28.6 billion through the Restaurant Revitalization program to restaurants, bars, and other similar businesses that serve food or drink. The purpose of this funding is to provide support to eligible entities that suffered revenue losses in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a GRANT, and funds will not have to be paid back.
Eligible establishments are the following:
- Food stands, food trucks, food carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges, taverns
- Licensed facilities or premises of a beverage alcohol producer where the public may taste, sample, or purchase products
- Other similar places of business in which the public or patrons assemble for the primary purpose of being served food or drink
- Snack and nonalcoholic beverage bars
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, taprooms
- Breweries and/or microbreweries
- Wineries and distilleries
Since the funds are expected to run out quickly, we strongly suggest that small businesses prepare by determining eligibility, gathering all documents needed, and filling out a sample application. Following these steps will streamline their process when the application portal opens and hopefully increases their chance of approval.